Sunday, June 15, 2008

Storm





So last week there were some pretty good thunder storms that came through our area. We didn't really see any damage from it but other areas got hit kind of hard. My dad and brother both called me and said that my dad had some trees down at his house. I guess I didn't get the severity of the situation until we went to my dad's house to visit yesterday. He has 1o thousand dollars worth of damage to his house and also some to his boat. I really couldn't believe the damage when I saw it. My dad lives on a little peninsula and all of his neighbors got hit hard. It has been a week and everyone was still out cutting up giant trees that had come down and cleaning up all the mess that the storm had created. I tried to take some pictures but I don't think they really do the mess justice. I am glad that no one was hurt and my dad is glad to be getting a new roof out of the deal. I guess things have a way of working out.

No comments: