Friday, June 27, 2008

Jason's Pride and Joy



I'm sure when you read the title of this post you were thinking that I must be talking about Max but I'm not, I'm talking about some tomato plants. Jason has always wanted to do some gardening so this year he bought some tomato plants and planted them in my planters that usually hold some very pretty flowers. This year they hold plants but are still nicely displayed on our front patio. Jason cares for them like a mother hen. He waters them and fusses over them and I'm pretty sure he talks to them when I'm not around. They are doing quite well and he is so proud. I am excited for him to taste the fruits of his labor. I don't even like tomatoes but I'm sure they will all get eaten. Jason would never let one of his little darlings go to waste.

6 comments:

Mitch Carb said...

He was pretty caught up in them when we were over last week. By the way, I love the play on words, "Fruits of his labor." Very well done!

Carol and Dan said...

You're funny, Steph!.......c.

The Jaymac Clan said...

I can't believe someone finally thinks I'm funny besides me. I always crack myself up and Jason just says he's laughing on the inside. At least I always have a good time.

KrazyMom said...

Hey, wish my Hubby would do things like that. Grow tomato plants that is...not the talking to them part, that is just plain weird! LOL! :)

TAITx3 said...

Do you like salsa? You make a tasty salsa out of those tomatoes. ~Kara

Squires Family said...

Welcome to gardening Jason! I remember my first attempt- a sprouted potato that I threw into a pot. I ended up with a couple green potatoes that fall-the best I have ever had. Enjoy the fruits of your labor!