Tuesday, June 10, 2008

The Pool





So I was telling my partner at work the other day that I wanted to get one of those inflatable pools this summer. He just happened to have one that his family has outgrown and said we could have it. Jason brought the pool home today and started setting it up. I was pretty excited until we realized that it wasn't holding air. So we found two small holes and off to Meijer we went to get a patch kit. We came back and Jason patched the holes like a professional. He then refilled the pool with air (thank God for air compressors) and began to fill it with water. We went inside, ate dinner and then went back out to check on our progress. I would say Disasterwould be a good word to describe what we found. The free pool that I was so excited about was still losing air and now beginning to lose water. So we ceased efforts and have decided to lay the old girl to rest. I guess the lesson is to not be cheap and just go buy a $50 pool. I think Jason is secretly happy because he was worried about the pool killing his precious lawn.

4 comments:

TAITx3 said...

Did you ever get a small plastic pool for Max?
By the way, did you paint Max's room? It look amazing!!!!! ~Kara
p.s. Hope you feeling good. The baby must be coming real soon. ~Kara

Carol and Dan said...

That is a really funny story...sorry, it probably didn't seem funny at the time. That looks a lot like the pool Bryce and Suria had for a couple summers. And yes, it did kill the lawn, but Kadence loved it!
I'm curious about the pain in the room, too.
BTW, something about those pictures set Amya off! She started pointing and screaming, then kicking the keyboard. Maybe she was a pool!..........c.

Carol and Dan said...

...{paint, not "pain"}....

The Jaymac Clan said...

the baby is coming 3 weeks from today. we are very excited and I am so ready. I love being prego but I'm getting pretty uncomfortable. I actually painted Max's room like that when we moved into our house. everyone thought I was crazy but it works perfect for a little boy's room now.
Kara, I hope you are feeling great and surviving this summer heat.
Carol,Maybe Amya was trying to kick Max through the computer, she does like to beat him up. just kidding.