Monday, June 2, 2008

a day with friends

On Saturday my friend Sarah and I went to visit our friend Cindy in Lansing. Cindy has an adorable 5 month old named Caden. He is the best baby ever. We were there all afternoon and I didn't hear a peep out of him. He just hung out and checked out the world. It must be nice is all I have to say about that.

I was wondering how Max would do with seeing me hold a baby. He did better than I expected. he showed a little jealousy but nothing terrible. I know it will be different when we actually bring Micah home but I hope he does okay. I think its going to be really hard on him. He gets mad if I lift up my shirt to see the baby kick. He walks over pulls my shirt down and says, "no mama". He is also very jealous of Jason right now. If Jason shows me any sort of affection he freaks out and cries and tries to push Jason away. Its a bit comical but it has me worried that he won't adjust well with the baby. Does anyone have any suggestions? We have been trying to get him excited about the baby and he seems to be. He loves seeing babies and he will kiss my belly sometimes too. We are going to try really hard to set aside alone time with him so he feels important. I thought I would also try to involve him with things like getting diapers out for the baby so he feels like he is helping. I don't really know. I guess what it comes down to is that its going to be a big adjustment for all of us and we will just deal with it. I'm just going to plan on the first couple of weeks being difficult.

4 comments:

Carol and Dan said...

Hello Frued!...maybe that guy was on to something!............c.

Carol and Dan said...

You guys will do great. You love your children and Max will feel that. He is a very smart boy to be catching on to these things. As long as you continue the "one on one" thing, he will adjust just fine. The room looks great!...c.

The Jaymac Clan said...

Jason and I were joking the other day about how Frued maybe did know what he was talking about from time to time. Its pretty funny to see Max pushing Jason away so he can sit next to his mom on the couch. I try not to laugh but I can't help it. I will keep you guys filled in on all the drama that we encounter the first several weeks with the baby. It should make for a good read.

Cindy said...

haha you say my baby is the best! well for the most part, but you 'must be nice' came down three fold on Sunday when he cried from the moment he woke up til I put him to bed.
Max will do fine. I think that he knows that his life is going to change and he is hesitant. But I also think that when Micah comes, he will be filled with excitment!