Saturday, June 21, 2008

Bye Edie

So I did a very hard thing today. I got rid of our cat Edie. I have had her for five years and it was so hard to let her go. I didn't want to seperate the cats but it was this or death pretty much. Edie has been adopted by a nice young family that I'm sure will give her a good home. the lady that adopted her lives far away so we told her that we would meet her half way for the drop off. Jason had to go by himself because I couldn't do it. I have been crying on and off all day. It seems silly but she was like my first kid. I read in a magazine awhile back that one of the big changes that comes with children is that your pets become just that, a pet. It is very true. I used to think that there was nothing that would make me get rid of our little Edie but when you have children your perspective on many things change. Even though it is very difficult, getting rid of the cats is the right thing to do for them and us. I have until wednesday to find a home for Petra. I am really hoping that something works out. I have an ad on Craig's list, on a yahoo group, fliers at CMU and a friend of mine has put up a flier at work. The shelter is not accepting animals so come wednesday Petra might be taking a walk on the green mile. Wish me luck on finding her a home by then.

2 comments:

KrazyMom said...

Yes they are a pet, but it still doesn't make it any easier! They do become like children. Unfortunately I don't know of anyone who can help you out. My ex-hubby and his wife's cat just died, but I would be afraid that if I mention it to him he would take yours and then change his mind a week later...he is like that with pets. It breaks Syd's heart! I have 5 pets and that is more than enough around here! We'll say a little prayer for Petra to find a home.

I had to comment on your countdown! Only 16 days left until little Micah arrives??? I am so excited for you!!

The Jaymac Clan said...

Actually that countdown is for my actual due date on July 9th but we are having Micah on July 2nd so its only 9 days to go.
thanks for the prayer for Petra, she needs a little divine intervention right now.