Monday, June 2, 2008

a busy weekend

It was a really busy weekend. Friday my dad met us at our house and he, Max and I went to Canadian Lakes to visit my uncle who has been sick with cancer. He is recovering from surgery and doing great. It was really nice to visit with him and my aunt. I think my dad had a really nice time too.
When we got home I had an hour before I met friends out for dinner and a movie. It was nice to get out with girls. Sarah, Jessica, Melissa, Marylou and I went to Ruby Tuesday's and then to see Sex and the City. I wasn't really that excited about seeing the movie since I have only seen a couple of episodes of the show but it was really good. I had a great time.
On Saturday I went to Lansing to visit a friend (read post below for details) and then we had our friends Nate and Jen over for dinner. We haven't seen them in awhile so it was great to catch up. Max was a little terror but besides that it was a nice dinner. They probably think he is the worst kid ever.
On Sunday we went to Jason's parent's house for a couple of hours and then went to our friend's Michael and Amy's house. Michael's parents are visiting from the Florida and it was great to see them. They are originally from England but have moved here several years ago. When they used to visit from England they would stay with us so over the years they have become our adopted parents. We love the whole family and wish we could all get together more often.
So it was a busy weekend but we got to visit with so many people that we have missed. We should make an effort to do that more often.

No comments: