Saturday, March 21, 2009

Panic stricken

It has been a long time since I felt pure panic. Yesterday I remembered how terrible that feeling is. It all happened when I ran into the garage for two seconds to put Jason's dry cleaning and the diaper bag in the car. I headed right back to grab the kids and run some errands. I get to the door to find that Max had locked it. So I thought, no big deal I will just go to the front door.....locked. Yup Max locked me out of the house. So I instantly try telling Max to just turn the handle but we have those handy child proof things on our door knobs so he can't get out. I remained calm for about two seconds and started to freak a little. I went around to the all the windows but they have latches on them so you can't get them open from the outside. I went back to garage and pleaded with Max to just push the put so I could open the door. He could sense my frustration because he was yelling at me, " Okay mama, huh". I was thinking OMG I am going to have to break a window or call the police to let me in my house. Jason's mom called and I broke down and freaked out. She was getting ready to head over to help me when I heard a click. Max got the door unlocked. All of this took place in about 10 minutes but it felt like an eternity. I think by tomorrow I will be able to laugh about it. I'm just glad Micah was playing happily and Max was just irritated with me for yelling at him from outside.

2 comments:

Carol and Dan said...

I've had that panic! Hide a key outside. It will make you feel better!....c.

The Jaymac Clan said...

I am definitely doing that.