Saturday, March 21, 2009

Micah loves peanut butter







I know you are not suppose to give your kids peanut butter until they are over one but I never listened to this rule. I have always figured if my kids start having an allergic reaction I will know what to look for, I do work on an ambulance. So at a pretty young age I give it to them. Micah loves it. I have been on a peanut butter toast for breakfast kick lately so I let him suck the peanut butter off. He is like a little feen. It cracks me up. On a side note, it is always strange to me that Americans are so into peanut butter. My friend Blanca and pretty much everyone else I have met from Spain thinks its disgusting. Our friend Michael from England also hates it. I think maybe its like how Australians are the only ones who like veggie might sandwiches. Thats my great insight for the day......sad I know.

5 comments:

Susu said...

It is so true that other cultures think pb is gross. When I was in Australia I bought some and my Aunt couldn't believe it since she would never consider buying it. When Kadence was 6 months old my parents were visiting and they babysat while I was at work. The next day they went on and on about how Kadence loves pb and they had never heard that you should not give it to infants!

The Jaymac Clan said...

you gotta watch grandparents, Jason's grandma sneaks sips of her martinis to the kids.

Anonymous said...

I agree!... well, the truth is that I have never tasted PB, but that is because the smell is awful enough to make me kinda sick...I love chocolate so I thought PB cups was a "safe" way to try PB but it didnt work... disgusting.....well, acquired taste... maybe.

kdavid said...

I just want to make sure everyone understands I am not the Grandma that sneaks sips of martinis to the kids. But Grandpa did start giving Max ice cream when he was just a couple of months old, which I think is why he likes him so much now.

The Jaymac Clan said...

I should have clarified that that was great grandma endres and it was once with Jason's nephew. It is Don's fault Max is an icecream fanatic.