Sunday, March 8, 2009

MONSTER TRUCKS BABY!

We did something I never thought we would do, we actually paid money to go see monster trucks. We did this just for Maximo.

We dropped Micah off with grandma and grandpa a little early and headed to the mall. We ate lunch and let max play in the play area he loves.It was tough getting him to leave, but once we mentioned monster trucks he was ready to go.

We got to the Dow Event Center and found that we actually had really go seats. We actually wanted seats kind of far away for safety reasons but of course we had front row seats. We brought ear protection because everyone said it was loud but I had no idea. Even with ear plugs, I felt like my ears were bleeding. Max was a little scared at first but this quickly turned into pure amazement. He didn't cheer or say anything, I actually don't even know if he blinked. He just stared.

It was entertaining but I don't think I'm ready to start following them around the country or even watch them on t.v. for that matter. The important thing is that Max's one word response, "awesome" was good enough for me. This even made up for the 300 pound women sitting behind me with a southern accent and a voice so piercing it cut through my ear protection and the noise of the monster trucks right to the base of skull. Did I mention she was the biggest fan ever and screamed, "bad to the bone baby" the whole time. I am not making this up. It was tragically bizarre. Anyway, we had a great day with Max and I loved it.























No comments: