Monday, August 18, 2008

Potty training here we come

So Max is all about trying to use the big boy potty right now. he sits down and pushes with all his might and then nothing happens. so I think I'm going take a good couple days and really concentrate on helping him figure this out. I just went to Target and bought him his own potty chair. It even plays music..........funny huh. I'll keep everyone updated. isn't funny how when you become a parent conversation about poop and pee becomes common place.

5 comments:

TAITx3 said...

That's funny.... I just recently bought Henry his own potty and he loved it for 2 days. He went right away and thought he was just a big boy..... now I can't even get him to go near it again. It's such a pain in the butt to keep on top of it. Good luck, keep us posted. ~kt

Anonymous said...

Hi Steph,

Thanks for the picture of Micah! he is adorable :)

...I dont know about the whole potty training (off course) but your story reminded me of Japan and their state-of-the-art toilets, which play all kinds of music ( I even found a toilet that played hip-hop) ....yeah just what you need right? ha ha, going to restrooms was the ultimate musical experience... maybe the potty you bought was made in Japan ha ha :)

Good Luck!

The Jaymac Clan said...

You are funny Cynthia.

Anonymous said...

i vowed never to potty train again after Spencer. Lucas potty trained himself at 2 years 2 months. I think I may have to rethink my philosophy.... eli will be three in october... and hates the toilet.

Have you tried potty train your child in one day? It has worked for people i know.

The Jaymac Clan said...

I would love for Max to be potty trained in one day. I think if Jason and I both concentrate on it for a couple days, it might work. I could also be living in fantacy land.