Wednesday, August 20, 2008

EXHAUSTION

Yesterday I was so exhausted I thought I might go mad. I think it was a combination of lack of sleep and taking an antibiotic for round two of mastitis. what ever the reason, it was ridiculous what it did to me. I just couldn't think straight. I had to run to store so I put Micah in the car and then I tossed Max in there. It took a minute since Max decided to take a giant bite out of a piece of blue sidewalk chalk. So I cleaned him up to the best of my ability and head to the store. Keep in mind when you are envisioning this story that I have baby puke on my black shirt and my hair is a frizzy mess falling out of a sloppy pony tail. I kind of looked like living dead girl ala baby puke. So we make it to the store and when I go to pull Max out of his car seat I realize that I never even buckled him into it. The whole eating of the sidewalk chalk threw me for a loop and I never secured my 20 month old in his car seat. Horrifying I know. whats even more horrifying is that this is the second time I have done this to this child. the first time he was two weeks old and it was new years eve when there is more drunks on the road than any other day of the year. what happened is that we went to a friends and everyone was holding him and he fell asleep so I put him in his car seat. He then got covered up with a blanket. So when we left, I just thought he was buckled. So I hope to never make this mistake again. okay, back the original story. The grocery store actually went off without any horrific complications and we headed home. So when we got home I took Max out of his car seat once again only to find that his diaper was so full of pee it had leaked onto his pants. Now, I am sure that I changed him before we left but in my delirious state I must have imagined it. So in a matter of an hour I manage to become the worst mom ever. To top off the night, I went to store to buy trash bags and then never bought them. I was thinking about committing myself for awhile. Of course when It was finally time to go to bed, Micah decided that he didn't really want to sleep so I was up most of the night. He is worth the tiredness though. I just hope the boys can survive my exhausted states. I must be getting old.

7 comments:

Hank and Mary said...

It just makes me smile. You are a wonderful mom. You just keep loving those baby boys, and you will be just fine. When you are older like me you will just look back and relish the times of blue chalk, and soaked diapers.

I hope you get a chance to sleep well tonight. :) Maybe?

Anonymous said...

I have not buckled by children in at least 10 times.....(between all four of them) It is always because of a moment that throws off my normal routine. I always freak out when I see and and vow it will never happen again.

Then I think about how I was in Jr. High before my parents got a car that had seat belts. weird.

Carol and Dan said...

wow! I love how possitive those Taits are....I was thinking, "Oh boy, I don't know if I could handle that. Maybe we should wait for another one." Then I read Mary's comment...and she it right (I think...I have no experience to back up that opintion),..........c.

Anonymous said...

Steph, you are one of the best Moms I know. I am so glad you are the Mom of my grandsons. Of course I am the Mom who had one of my children actually fall out of the car at the corner of High Street and Mission Street because he was not buckled in, so I know these things happen! Love ya, Kathy

The Jaymac Clan said...

ok, i feel better after reading i'm not the only one. i love to hear everyone's stories. we should write a book of these stories so all moms can laugh about it together. thats all you can really do, just laugh and thank god you didn't kill or mame your child.

TAITx3 said...

I hope you get some sleep, you poor thing.
Your not alone sister..... no one is perfect!
I call it Momnesia.

TAITx3 said...

back to the "momnesia" thing, I though you migt get a laugh out of this.....

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23501326/

~Kara