Saturday, August 16, 2008

Big Girly Party






So I got invited to this great birthday party. It was a 27 dresses themed party and you had to wear an old bride's maid dress. it was at the Bay City Country Club last night and it was great. It was my friend Barb's birthday.........Happy Birthday Barb............and she went all out. It was decorated beautifully, the food was excellent (I ate way too much), everyone looked great, and it was just fun all around. Its not very often you get to get dressed up and head out. I wore the bright pink dress that I wore a couple months ago to that event that Jason and I went to for work. None of my old bride's maid dresses fit yet. The party went off without a glitch except for the small fire we had. yup, we almost set the country club on fire. Barb was opening my gift of course when some tissue paper floated into a near by candle and up it went. Barb's first reaction was take the new white Vera Wang purse I got her and put it out. It was scary and comical all at once. The fire got put out and the purse cleaned up like new. If you know Barb, you know that is doesn't seem that out of the ordinary. We were just glad the sprinkler system that was right above us didn't go off. Can you imagine 30 girls in bride's maid dresses soaking wet running from a country club that may or may not be on fire. It was a great time and It was really nice to get out and have some girl time.

3 comments:

KrazyMom said...

That sounds like such a fun idea! Not the fire part...the getting out and dressing up part! LOL! What a great idea. Glad the country club and the purse are all in tact.

BTW...you look great for having a new baby!!!

Carol and Dan said...

What a great idea!...everyone has a bride's maid dress hanging around!...hhmmm...I'm going to have to remember that!
Steph, you look fabulous!......c.

TAITx3 said...

Looks like so much fun was had...... Great theme party idea. ~kt