Friday, December 5, 2008

What a sad little tree

my mom bought this nativity scene when she was 19. I am honored to have it in my house now. It just doesn't feel like Christmas without it.
Our tall, skinny, sad tree. I am actually quite fond of it.

I have finally gotten our tree up and decorated along with some other decorations. It is a sad little tree but it works. I am hoping to convince Jason to get a real tree next year. I fondly refer to my husband as Scrooge MacDonald. Every year he is forced to listen to Christmas music, watch Christmas movies and pretend to be merry. I always think that maybe he will lighten up and be festive but it doesn't work. Too bad so sad for him because I love Christmas. Soon the boys are going to demand that he part take in some holiday fun and I have a feeling when its for them, he will enjoy himself. Now, getting him to admit it is another story. Kind of like he won't admit that he likes the movie Love Actually when I force him to watch it every year. I know the truth.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love Actually is one of my favorites. Nice tree.... I LOVE CHRISTMAS.

TAITx3 said...

I love your little cute tree. It reminds me of ours. ~kt

TAITx3 said...

I too, LOve the movie "Love Actually" I actually watched it today in the hospital while I went for my non stress test. We own it and I probably watch it 6 times a year. ~kara