Sunday, December 7, 2008

The Polar Express


Momma and Micah hanging out on the train.

A view of Island Park from the railroad bridge. Little did either of the boys know, but their father spent some time as a kid jumping off this bridge into the murky water below. The water didn;t look very inviting today.

















Yesterday we took the kids for ride on the polar express. It is the train that the Mountain Town uses for their dinner trains. It was part of the Dicken's Christmas downtown. Max loves trains and was a little awestruck to actually be on one. We took a nice leisurely ride to Shepherd and back and Santa was nice enough to visit with one of his elves and toss some candy canes out to everyone.

3 comments:

Carol and Dan said...

Fun! Fun! Kids make the holidays so much more fun. I mean, I would have loved to have done something like that when I lived in M.P., but without a kid, you look creepy.

Jen sprained her ankle jumping off that bridge! Pastor Dan was not happy when I called him from the ER at 3am.

KrazyMom said...

That looks like fun! I bet Max loved it!!

krazysismam said...

I heard from someone at work about a polar express train trip somewhere. I would love to take the girls next year!! It's not cool to believe in Santa at their ages, but Christmas themed trips are still fun!!