Thursday, December 4, 2008

Post office trip gone bad

I went to the post office today to mail a package to my friend in Spain. Of course it would happen that on the way to the post office both boys fell asleep in the car. So I get to the post office and have to wake Max up and he is super crabby. He is crying and carrying on and of course wants to be held. So I am balancing him a car seat that weighs 8000 pounds and a box that is the size of a milk crate. I some how manage to get into the post office while all the while people are looking at me like, "thank God I don't have kids" and not bothering to hold a door open. I set Micah on the floor at my feet, I put max and the package on the counter that is before you get to an oh so unfriendly postal worker and start filling out the international claims form that I always have to fill out when I send a package to Spain. The form is not hard to fill out but it takes a minute to do it. Max is trying to color all over his face with a pen and Micah is starting wake up and cry. I finally get up to the counter with my hands full and the postal worker...A.K.A. jerk face says to me, "did you know you have the wrong form filled out?" I wanted to say, " If I knew that don't you think I would have filled out a different form to begin with." but instead I said, "this is the form I always use. He then advises me that my box is too big to use that form and I will have to fill out another one. He also tells me that with the bigger box I have to purchase insurance for $30 on top of the $30 it will cost to ship the package. Okay, there is no way I'm spending that much to ship a package. So I tell him to just forget it and then have to load everything back up into my arms and head back to my car. I was so upset that I had just gone through all of that for nothing I almost cried. So now I will have to find a smaller box and go back to the dreaded post office. This time I will go on Saturday morning when Jason can stay home with the kids. Okay, I'm done venting.

5 comments:

Carol and Dan said...

Oh man, that sounds like a nightmare! Where were all the helpful people who have had children and know what it is like?! I vote that you should have used sarcasim with the postal employee!.................c.

Anonymous said...

It is too bad you don't live in Clare so Grandma David could watch the boys any time you had to do errands!

TAITx3 said...

I feel for you. Sorry that happened to you.

KrazyMom said...

The things we go through to bring a smile to friends faces!

Maybe having kids spaced so far apart won't be such a bad thing for us. By the time our adoption journey is over, Punkin' could be old enough to babysit!!!

Can't wait to see ya this weekend! Sounds like you need an afternoon out! :)

Mitch Carb said...

You should have dropped they boy off with me at my office...we would have had a blast...oh so many office supplies to destroy!