Wednesday, December 17, 2008

A Christmas Carol

A Christmas Carol is one of my favorite stories. Every year I force Jason to watch it. We not only watch the Patrick Stewart version on TNT but we also watch Mickey's Christmas Carol on VHS. I have had it since I was a teenager. I think Jason doesn't care to watch it because he knows he is too much like Scrooge but I make him. Its a tradition for us. So last night I popped in the old VHS and got super excited and Jason grumbled and sighed. Max was finally old enough this year to pay attention and he really liked it. While the 30 minute Mickey version was playing, I was thinking two things. One, I would have to find this in DVD soon and second I could see the boys as teenagers complaining along with their dad that I was making them sit down to watch a dumb cartoon Christmas movie but would hopefully do it anyway to make their mom happy. I'm glad I have quite a few years of them being excited about it before they dread it.

3 comments:

krazysismam said...

I make my hubby watch Polar Express every year with me and the kids. Truthfully, his favorite Christmas movie is Annebelle's Wish. If you haven't seen this, it is a good movie. It's about a cow that wants to be a reindeer but gives his wish up for a little boy that can't speak. Really cute!!

Priests By Name said...

Ahhh...life in a house full of men. If it makes Jason feel any better, Kevin spent last night being forced to watch Mamma Mia (by Taylor) including the special features, and tonight she plans to make him watch "The Devil Wears Prada". She is a Meryl Streep fan, and Kevin is going to pay for it! By the way, Kevin gets like Jason when we pull out the Sound of Music!

The Jaymac Clan said...

I love Annebelle's wish. I keep trying to prepare myself for a house full of men. I was actually thinking the other day about how often I would have to clean the toilet when the boys started using it too. I have a feeling it will be a lot.