Sunday, November 9, 2008

You can put lipstick on a boy, but he's still a boy.

This picture really does not do the situation justice but you get the idea.


I was in the nursery changing Micah's diaper and Max was watching t.v. in the living room. I should have known that it was a little too quiet. I came out expecting to see Max on the couch where I had left him. Instead, he was sitting on the floor and my purse was wide open next to him with its contents spilled all over. Max had my color stay lipstick in his hand (you know the stuff that stays on for 12 hours. It pretty much stains your lips for the day) and was putting it on. He had it all over his lips and mouth and pants and shirt. I took him in the bathroom and tried to get it off...yeah, no such luck. Of course this was the day I had to go to the grocery store. I felt that everyone was looking at me and thinking I was a terrible mom because I didn't even wash my son's filthy face before I left the house. It took two days to come completely off.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha funny!

TAITx3 said...

That story made me laugh!

The Jaymac Clan said...

what did I do for entertainment before the boys? I have no idea.

Carol and Dan said...

...I know! Wasn't life boring before kids?
I've seen pictures of Jason with lipstick on at that age! It must run in the family. Ha!.......c.