Saturday, November 15, 2008

What a lovely surprise

I don't really want to talk about it, but my 30th birthday is on Monday. So Jason's mom and sister picked me up last night to take me somewhere to celebrate or mourn how ever you want to look at it. They kept it a surprise which made it fun. We ended up going to Loafer's Glory. I don't know how many of you have ever been there, but its wonderful. Its this little gift shop and restaurant in Blanchard , Michigan. Every year they do as Christmas weekend and it happened to fall on this weekend this year. I wish I wouldn't have forgotten my camera because I would love to share pics with you all. Its just magical out there. There is an incredible live nativity, horse drawn carriage rides, people dressed in great period clothing playing Christmas music, acting and just wandering about. All the workers are also dressed in period clothing. You really feel like you are back in time. This coupled with wonderful soup served in a bread bowl, hot apple cider and butter milk pie makes for a wonderful evening. Thanks Kathy and Katie!

7 comments:

Chris Ann said...

How fun! That is cheryls favorite spot at christmas.

Carol and Dan said...

Happy Birthday! The 30's are the best!
Loafer's Glory is a fun place, though I've never been there around Christmas time. Sounds like fun! What great in-laws!...c.

KrazyMom said...

I have never even heard of it before. Sounds like fun. Happy early Birthday!

TAITx3 said...

Happy Birthday on monday! I agree with Carol, 30's are the best. Well, at least so far....... ~Kara

Mitch Carb said...

Happy Birthday El Maco! I don't want to say it, but you're getting old! Have a good day!

The Jaymac Clan said...

Thanks everyone (except you Mitch)!

Anonymous said...

Feliz Cumpleanos!!! Hope you have an awesome day! Dont listen to Mitch :)