Tuesday, November 25, 2008

And so it begins


I have to admit that when I woke up on November 9Th and turned on the news I already knew what I would see but I was still physically ill....President elect Obama. I was thinking that maybe there wouldn't be that many changes but I knew better. I just saw on the news last night that one of Obama's first plans as president deals with an issue that I am very passionate about, abortion. I find myself once again feeling physically ill. Obama wants to do away with all restrictions on abortion. This means allowing late term abortions, allowing teenagers to get abortions without consent and doing away with basic education about possible physical and mental side affects of abortions that women get now before the procedure. How any of this liberates women's rights is beyond me. I am horrified and disgusted.


when I was going through my EMT class I was able to go and see an autopsy. The autopsy was being performed on a women who was 3 months pregnant. It was basically two autopsies in one. I have always been prolife but when I saw that 3 month old fetus I became passionate about this. It was a baby girl and she had all of her fingers and toes, all of her internal organs and was most definitely a precious living life before her mom was killed in a car accident. I believe abortion is murder and now to make it even easier is horrific. God help us!

2 comments:

TAITx3 said...

Stephanie, I am with you sister. I have goose bumps just from reading your post. Let's pray for those unborn babies. ~kt

KrazyMom said...

Absolutely! I whole heartedly agree. It is scary to think of what is going to happen. I also look at the stand point of what will this do to our adoption journey? If it becomes so easy and acceptable to just go and have an abortion, there most certainly won't be as many children available through adoption! Just before I miscarried our third baby, I had gone for an ultrasound. I was 14 weeks and watched him kick his leg, listened to his strong heartbeat....at just 14 weeks! No matter how early or late in a pregnancy, these are living human beings and I agree that it is simply murder to abort.