Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Big Boy Bed Update

So Max fell out of his big boy bed last night. He didn't fall far but it definitely didn't make him happy. He also got out of his bed about 4 times besides that. Why did I take that railing off? Anyway, we are going to give it some more time. I'm sure he will get used to his new freedom. I think I like the baby Jail railing better than his new freedom to roam the house at all hours of the night but he has to transition some time so it might as well be now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We put a baby gate across the doorway of the kids bedroom when they first got into toddler beds. Then it gave us peace of mind that we knew that they were in the bedroom and not adventuring around the house. Just an idea that worked for us!

KrazyMom said...

I second the idea of the doorway safety gate. We have a pressurized gate that can be moved from doorway to doorway. One of our daycare clients went on a vacation out of the country and we kept their three year old for a week. We were told that he roams at night so we used that in the doorway of the room he slept in and we didn't have a problem the whole time he was here. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Grandma David says never underestimate Max's ability to figure out a way to get into mischief! Amen on the baby gate, I happen to have an extra one I can drop off tomorrow if you want it.