Friday, February 13, 2009

Max has a pretend big giant

Max has his very own pretend big giant. He has seen big giants on Mickey Mouse Club House and on Harry Potter and he apparently really likes them because he now has one of his own. He will be playing away and stop what he's doing to tell me that there is a big giant near. Then we have to be really quiet so we don't disturb the giant. Its really funny. A couple weeks ago we were playing with a ball in his room and it rolled out into the hallway. I told Max to go get it and he says, "shhh, mom there's a big giant out there." He then tiptoes out into the hallway and retrieves his ball, comes running back in and then laughs and says, " whoa big giant". I wanted to laugh but I didn't want him to feel self conscious about his creative imagination. I wonder what he will come up with next?

3 comments:

Carol and Dan said...

That is cute! I love it when kids have imaginations bigger than themselves.
Stephanie, did you take that picture of that tree that is on your blog?!!! If you did, can you email me the full file? (if that's ok. I would love to enlarge it) I LOVE IT! I'm obsessed with beautiful tree photographs...and that is one!.........c.

The Sugar Cube said...

I love those kind of stories. Kids imaginations are awesome.

KrazyMom said...

That is so cute!

One of my daycare boys has an imaginary big brother. He tells stories about him all day. I asked him if I could one day meet his brother and he very seriously told me, "No, you can't, 'cept a bear ate him!"