Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Not for the faint of heart


My friend Jeni was coming over today for lunch and I was making myself busy in the kitchen. To make a long story short, I pretty much cut the tip of my finger off. Okay, that is an exaggeration but I cut it bad. There was "meat" showing cut it bad. It was bleeding like crazy. I thought for sure I was going to have to get stitches and a Tetanus shot. Luck would have it that Jeni is a PA who works in the ER and she took a look at it for me. She saved me a hospital bill. Thanks Jeni! Apparently fingers don't really need stitches because they heal well on their own. Also Tetanus lives in soil so I was good with the knife that had just come out of dishwasher. Don't you just feel so stupid when you do things like that? I can say I am thankful for the extra steri-strips I had from my C-section. Hope I didn't Gross anyone out with the bloody paper towel picture.

4 comments:

Carol and Dan said...

That info. is good to know! I snipped a section of my index finger off a couple nights ago. I just took the band aid off and my skin is bright white! (and the flap did not heal at all...Dan had to cut it off)...........c.

TAITx3 said...

That stinks! I bet that's all you can think about is that stupid cut finger and how much it hurts and throbs...

The Jaymac Clan said...

I see you are as clumsy as I am Carol. Actually, Kara, it didn't hurt as bad as I thought...except now when I type of course...he he.

Mitch Carb said...

I didn't read the blog, but why did you have to do that to me? I just about passed out!