Sunday, October 5, 2008

Back to work

I go back to work tomorrow. I can't believe its time but it is. I am excited and dreading it all at the same time. I will only be working 2 days a week so I can't complain. It will be enough to get me out of the house and keep me sane but now too much to where I am missing out with the boys. We are so lucky to have an awesome daycare. I don't have to worry tomorrow when I drop Micah off. Max loves it there so much he never wants to leave when I pick him up. I am glad to say that dropping the boys off tomorrow won't be as dramatic as when I had to leave Max for the first time. I will just share this story with you because its pretty funny to me now.

On my first day back to work after I had Max I got up early and got dressed and ready to go. Max was sound asleep and Jason had gotten in the shower. This is when the melt down began. I was sitting on the bathroom floor sobbing my eyes out and begging Jason to let me stay home. If he would have let me, I would have called work and told them that I quit. He told me to give it a try and if I didn't feel better in couple days I could become a stay at home mom. I don't think I was physically capable of taking my baby to daycare and leaving him that day. Jason had to do it. I fought tears all day. When I got home from work that day, (the longest 12 hours of my life) and saw that Max was perfectly fine I realized it was going to be okay. It is still difficult for me to leave my kids for 12 hours but its good for them and good for me.

1 comment:

Carol and Dan said...

I sobbed all the way to work the first day I had to leave Amya (with Bryce and Suria, so I knew she was fine). On and off through out the day I would break down. Thank goodness my assistant teacher was a mother to a younge daughter herself, so understood! It was tough, but I got used to it...so much so that when I did become a stay-at-home mom I went into shock!! :)
But now I love it. Working part time seems like the perfect balance. I'm happy for you!
p.s. nice bed!