Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Speech Therapy

I took Max to speech therapy today. They said his speech was great except for a couple sounds which he "fronts". This means he produces the sound in the front of his mouth instead of his throat like he's suppose to. For example, he says "torn" instead of "corn". They didn't think this was such a big deal and told us we can just do little exercises at home to correct this. I think this is great because I don't want to have to throw more appointments into our already busy lives if we don't have to. They are suppose to be sending us a packet of stuff in the next week so we can get started.

So we not only got good news about Max's speech but the ladies that worked with Max were great. They complimented him up and down and when I had to discipline Micah for misbehaving, they applauded me and said I should be set as an example to all moms. Wow, for the first time in a long time I didn't feel like a failure as a mom and felt like maybe I was doing a descent job with the little monsters. I didn't realize a speech therapy session was going to be so uplifting for me.

2 comments:

Susu said...

Congrats, that sounds like a successful day to me! Now if only I could get a compliment on parenting Charlie, I might need to come get a lesson from the pro!

The Jaymac Clan said...

Oh yeah, I am for sure a pro at parenting. Thats why my kids run around like little monsters all day. God just gave me this little pick me up today because he knew I needed it. lol