Friday, March 4, 2011

an out of this world afternoon

When I walked into Micah's room yesterday and found this, I knew we must find something fun to do.
So we decided to have an Alien Party. I have been trying to find fun ways to incorporate Max's speech therapy exercises into everyday life so we were able to sneak in a couple here.

We started by cutting light sabers out of cardboard and painting them.



Max loved painting his but Micah just painted the paper plate.



We then made Alien marshmallow treats with Oops All Berries Cap'n Crunch.



It looks alien right?





I brought sand in from outside so Max would have a fun way to practice writing his name but the sand was too wet so we hid magnets in the sand and called them moon rocks. Max used a butter knife to sift through and "catch" them. He had a ton of fun with this and I was pretty proud of myself for thinking of it. I'm usually not so good with coming up creative fun things to do.
We ended the evening with an animated movie that came out a couple of years ago called, "Fly Me to the Moon". It was about 3 flies that snuck into the space shuttle and went to the moon. It was a nice day with the boys.





2 comments:

KrazyMom said...

Great idea! One of Sydni's favorite memories is when we had a "chicken party" while she had the chicken pox. =)

Susu said...

That sounds so fun! Very creative!