Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Happy Fat Tuesday!

I wish I was eating this today!

Every year I give up pop and sweets for lent. I'm not Catholic but I think its nice to give something up for the big JC since he gave his entire life for me. This year is a little different. Because Jason and I have been doing P90X it has already been a month since I've had pop. I have done a good job of cutting most sweets out of my diet but not entirely so I will still give up sweets. I am torn about giving up the chocolate protien bars I've been eating. They are chocolate and technically a sweet but they are important to incoroprate into P90X. I guess maybe I won't eat them and stick with vanilla protein shakes. That makes it a little better right? I could also just say that I will give up sweets outside of P90X. That will still be a big a challenge for me. What do you think I should do? I take this very seriously and feel pretty conflicted about these two things I am committing myself too.

4 comments:

The Nelson Family said...

I am also trying to decide what to do.. how is that P90X working? I have hit critical mass and I think I should probably deflate before I explode. ~Dani

The Jaymac Clan said...

P90X sucks but is great at the same time. It really helps that Jason and I do it together. 1 month down and 2 to go! In my head that didn't sound as optimistic as I had hoped. lol

The Jaymac Clan said...

I think maybe this year, I will give up junk food. This would mean fastfood and sweets but would still allow me to eat protien bars. Yes,its settled.

TAITx3 said...

That's great Stephanie. It's about the sacrifice sista! Who cares that there is chocolate in the bars, you are not eating them to satisfy your chocolate craving....
Whatever you decide to do is great becasue you are doing it for Our Savior!!