Sunday, August 1, 2010

The Chiropractor

I will often have some lower back soreness, its usually after lifting a heavy patient at work or when I do to much around the house . Jason keeps telling me I should go to the chiropractor but I thought that was a bit much. Well, Jason made me an appointment the other day so I had to go. I was sitting in the little room at the Dr.'s office thinking this is so unnecessary. They took some X-rays, which I was sure was going to say that there was nothing wrong with me. To my surprise, I'm a little off. Something most people have probably guessed at for years now. lol. My hips are 7 cm off and my spinal column is compressed in the lower area and has big gaps in the upper column hence the lower back pain I feel on occasion. the worst news I received, I have to stop sleeping on my stomach. I am actual devastated about this. I love sleeping on my stomach and its the only way I am truly comfortable but with looking at my X-rays, I will change. The Dr. also told me I am losing the arches in my feet and that I am really young to have this happen. I didn't ask a lot of questions because I was a little nervous he was going to tell me to stop wear heels. I just couldn't lose sleeping on my stomach and wear heels in the same day. I got adjusted and I go back tomorrow for another adjustment. Hopefully they can get me right because Lord knows I need it.

1 comment:

Susu said...

I had to stop sleeping on my stomach after going to the chiropractor. (sometimes I cheat though!) My back looked terrible in the first x-rays and there was a huge difference after 4 months when I was re-xrayed. I used to get really sore after the adjustments but that went away too. A Doctor would send you to a surgeon, so I think a chiropractor should always be the first stop. My chiropractor told me that proper spinal health makes you more fertile when I told him I was pregnant(I scolded him for this!)