Wednesday, July 28, 2010

The Detroit Zoo


I am so in love with this building. I think its gorgeous.


What beautiful mosaic work.


the gardens and butterflies inside were just as beautiful.


This was Max's attitude all day.




One of these tried to land on Micah and he freaked out. Only my child would be scared of a butterfly.





Grandma and Max having fun.










Me saving my child from those evil butterflies.








Look, grandma is a butterfly.


Micah is acting out the scene from Harry Potter where Harry speaks to the snake.









I can't believe how big these things are in real life. It was really impressive.





It was at this point that everyone was getting really tired and grumpy.




The boys loved the giraffes.



A wild animal was loose at the Detroit Zoo today while we were there. His name was Max. He was tired and grumpy and out of control and I'm pretty sure even the lions would have been scared of him. We were in Novi visiting my step mom, who is here from Florida. We were so close to the zoo, I thought it would be fun for us all to go. I was thinking to myself we will get to the zoo at 9 am and stay until noon or 1. the boys will sleep all the way home and it will be a great time. In reality, Max was tired the second we got to the zoo and threw fit after fit until I could take it no more. We left at 11. It wasn't all bad. We saw some great stuff and had fun it was just very trying. I have to remember that the boys are young and are going to have bad days especially when I tote them around the state all the time. I was just hoping the bad day wouldn't be when grandma, who rarely sees them was visiting.

1 comment:

KrazyMom said...

Sorry to hear your disappointment, but I am sure Aunt Geri understood. Hope your week got better.