Monday, July 26, 2010

Feeling like a girl

I love buying flowers from the farmer's market. They are so pretty. I would love to have fields of flowers one day.
There is something about canning that makes me feel like an accomplished woman. I know this sound silly but I am not good at these things so when I can make something, even as simple as dilly beans, I feel proud.

I made these flowers and added them to this garter for my friend Jen, who is getting married in October. Is it ugly? I hope not, because I gave it to her last night. Let me know what you think.

Sometime I feel like one of the guys. I live with all guys and I work with all guys. We have other women at work besides me, but I don't work with them, I work with all men. It is nice not to have the catty drama that comes with working with all women but sometimes I want to talk about girl things and not burps, farts and motorcycles. Its doesn't seem to matter if I am talking to the kids or the guys at work, its pretty much the same conversation. So little things like buying flowers at the farmers market, making beaded flowers and canning help me feel like a girl. Silly I know but whatever works right?

4 comments:

Carol and Dan said...

The garter belt is beautiful! ...and it is extra special because you MADE it!
BTW, I worked with all guys once and they were way more catty than women! .........c.

Anonymous said...

The garter us super cool.
I never knew those beans were called dilly beans.

The pictures of your boys are super cute.

TAITx3 said...

You are right, nothing like fresh flowers from the Farmers Market! I love having fresh flowers in the house.
Love the garter. Very nice job. I want to make beaded flowers!! How did you do it? Did you follow a pattern or are you just totally talented and think it up yourself

The Jaymac Clan said...

i learned to do those flowers from a marther stewar wedding magazine. i made beaded flower bouquets for my braidmaids years ago. its super easy but tedious.. I have a list of patterns for different flowers. I don't have a lot of need to do them but I enjoy it.