Friday, July 9, 2010

What is this?


This is what I found when I got up for work yesterday morning.




This is what I found when I came in the house the check on Micah while he was taking a nap the other day. Him on the floor again.


For the past week and half, Micah has been getting out of his bed repeatedly and laying on the floor. This happens for both naps and at bed time. He has always been great about just staying in bed and going to sleep. I woke up the other morning and found him in the hallway. He had slept there all night I think. I have been consistent in putting him back in bed as soon as he gets up but we did this for an hour the other day for a nap. I put him back in his bed at least 10 times. He even got punished for it and thought it was funny each time. I'm not really sure what to do. I don't want to put his bed back to a crib. I feel like he needs to learn to stay in bed and that it is unacceptable to get out and play or sleep in random places. So weird, why would you want to sleep on the floor? Jason thinks I should just leave him there but I feel horrible doing that. I hope this phase ends soon.

2 comments:

Danielle Nelson said...

I have a latch on the outside of the kids room (a hair band around the doorknob, attached to a nail) A bit archaic, but it does the trick.

KrazyMom said...

Our one and a half year old is being transitioned into a bed too. He does well once asleep, but when first put to bed he would repeatedly come walking back out no matter how many times you put him back. We now put a pressure safety gate at his door. At least now we know he can't wander outside of his room and get into mischief when we are asleep during the night.