Thursday, August 27, 2009

A good read

I have just started reading the bible. I know it is sad that I am just now getting to it. I have made attempts in the past to read it but I always got stuck on so and so begot so and so an so on. This time I started with the new testament. I have this old bible from the 70's that Jason refers to as my "hippy bible". Its the living new testament and its called Reach Out. I am really enjoying it. I feel like I am learning so much and growing in my faith. I find I am at peace when I read it and that is hard to find in my house. Next I'll tackle the old testament. I find myself excited about it.

5 comments:

Carol and Dan said...

Good for you! I have never read the entire Bible!...nor attempted it!
Dan started at the beginning of the year and is doing good.
I'm just starting to get into reading Christian literature. I've been meaning to do a post on a book a read..you've inspired me! :) .......c.

The Jaymac Clan said...

Let me know what you like and don't. I would like to start reading some Christian parenting books.

The Nelson Family said...

Nice!!! Good job girl. The chornology of bloodline are always a barrier to me when i start with the old testament, never fully got through them. I tend to jump around a bit. Good idea starting with the new!!! There is definitely some fascinating stuff in there!!

I didn't know Dan read the bible!!! I'm impressed. (I guess that is a bit sexist of me, thinking girls would be more likely) Love it!!!!

I cracked mine open for the first time in a while last night. It's a good read.

TAITx3 said...

That's great! I too am trying to read The Bible more often. I read "The Message" It's the bible in contemporary language. It's easier for me to comprehend. I also downloaded it on my iphone.
~Kara

TAITx3 said...

btw, I LOOOOVe your new picture of the boys!!! So freaking adorable.