Sunday, July 5, 2009

Micah's Party

Besides the two huge mishaps of me breaking our car window and losing $200, Micah's party went great. I don't know how I broke our car window, but it definitely broke. I went to get Micah's balloons and shut the passenger side door and the back window shattered. The money thing I am sick about. Jason gave me a bank envelope with $200 in it so I could give Jason's brother money to go to the store for us. He told me not to worry about it and then I have no recollection of what I did with that envelope. I searched high and low last night and its no where to be found. What a thing to be so careless about. I was just going in so many different directions yesterday I don't know what happened.

So anyway, Micah's party. We grilled pizza's, which was a big hit. We had every thing set up for people to make their own and then they just dropped them off to Jason at the grill. It was a hit. The day turned out to be beautiful. It was sunny and in the high 70's. Micah made out like a bandit. He got spoiled rotten. He had tons of fun digging into his cake. He had a little practice though. We gave him cake on Thursday, his actual birthday. All the kids seemed to have fun playing and all the adults seemed to have fun visiting. we had fun.







Here's the damage.
I love this cake. I wish I could credit for it but it was all Sam's club.

Micah's cake and cup cakes for the kids.



our pizza station.



Micah just getting into this cake.




now we're getting there




Max gave Micah a fork so he could really get into that cake. pretty much the fork became a shovel.






Cousin Bell had fun with a cupcake and candy corn.








My mom, brother and sister-in-law Dani came to help us celebrate.







Grandpa Dan, Bell and Max enjoying the weather.









Michael, Alex and Conner stopped by too.










Aunt Cynthia and Uncle Mitch. Max and Micah love them to pieces and I'm pretty sure they feel the same way about them.












Jeff and baby Alex. He is getting so big and doing so well.












Apparently we didn't feed Lance enough pizza so he helped himself to dumpster leftovers.


Grandma, Grandpa and Uncle Brent visiting from down state.




Jason and I taking a breather from the hectic day.






The boys swinging away.



We had some good games of corn hole going.



Melissa and baby Alex


Daddy and birthday boy stealing a moment.


















1 comment:

Carol and Dan said...

Wow! What a fun time to have a birthday party! The cupcakes look so cute and delicious!
Happy birthday, Micah!
and Happy 4th of July!.......c.