Friday, June 11, 2010

Stupid Biological Clock

I'm not sure what it is, maybe my biological clock, but something inside of me goes beyond reason and rational thought and tells me every so often that I want another baby. This happened to me yesterday. I had my first little melt down last night about not having any more children. I think being hormonal and the fact that 80% of the women I know are preganant brought on my melt down. I don't even think it was that I really wanted another baby it was the fact that I knew it was not an option for me. Jason got a vasectomy because I knew no matter how many children I had, there would always be that something inside of me that wanted more. I have been so blessed with two beautiful boys and I am so happy to have them. I have always seen myself with two boys but every once in awhile I can see myself with 3. I feel fine about having only my two boys today like most days but I'm sure when all of these friends and family members have their babies, another melt down will come. Does anyone know how to shut off that voice inside of you that tells you to be a baby making machine? If you know the trick, let me know. I guess I could just take the boys to the grocery store, that always makes me never want to have anymore.........lol.

3 comments:

Susu said...

You can borrow Charlie and see how three feel after that. You might just get your "ute yanked" to make sure 2 is your maximum.

KrazyMom said...

You are welcome to spend an entire day with my 5, that may help. Just kidding. Try not to focus on losing their "baby" stage. There are more fun memories to come... like the first day of school, first lost tooth, first sport event, believe me it is just as great as they get older. My tween is at such a fun age right now, I love it!

Carol and Dan said...

I understand. How so you know when you've had enough kids?? I get it. We don't know if we are done or not. I kept telling myself during Nelson's pregnancy that it was the last one. There is something to be said for closure. But who knows!
Anyway, I get what you're saying!!.........c.