Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Blog to book

I just found a website that turns your blog into a book. its so awesome and unfortunately so expensive. I will have to save a bit for the purchase but I will definitely be doing this. I don't scrapbook but who needs a scrapbook when you can turn your blog into a book. I would love to get one of these books every year and have a collection for the boys to see when they get older. You got to preview the book before purchasing it. It brought back so many memories and sold me even more. The site I used even let me save it for later (so I can save up) and you can make changes. There are even a ton of covers to choose from. I had fun picking everything that would make our perfect book. I can't wait to actually buy this book. Has anyone actually done this? let me know.

5 comments:

TAITx3 said...

I love that idea.
What is the link to the site?

Anonymous said...

I want to do that!

Yes, please post the link. I looked up a few, but wanna know which one you use.

Anonymous said...

popps that is me cass

Danielle Nelson said...

I think there are a couple out there. Blurb.com is one of them..
www.blurb.com
blog2print.sharedbook.com
www.bookemon.com

Some 'slurp' your blog into their layouts. You can select layouts and everything.
I 'slurped' mine into the blurb layout and got lazy with all the formatting, but would be well worth the time investment. (the layout they inserted my blog into created a full page for each picture, and a million pages (cost per page) I have to restructure the whole thing, but the content is there, which is very handy.

The Jaymac Clan said...

The blog2print.sharedbook.com is the one I used. I like the format it put mine into but you could choose several other options. It allows up to 1500 photos. I could fit almost 2 years into one book. I was 15 photos over so I trimed it back a month. It will cost me $146 for a hard cover, which is only $10 more than a soft cover. I didn't compare prices to other sites but I guess I should.