Wednesday, June 16, 2010

I'm in trouble

Max has vacation bible school all week in Clare. I took him up there Monday and picked him up and then we hung out at grandma and grandpa's house. Max spent the night there Monday so Jason's mom could take him to VBS on Tuesday because I had to work. Max knew he was spending the night at grandma's and was quite excited about it. Well, I left when Max was taking a nap. I woke him up and gave him a kiss goodbye but he apparently didn't remember this because a couple hours later I got a phone call from Max. It went something like this,
Max: Mama, why did you forget about me?
Me: Max, I didn't forget about you. You knew you were staying the night at grandma's.
Max: No, you forgot about me and you left me here.
Me: Max, I woke you up and told you goodbye. I wouldn't just leave you.
Max: Mama, no you didn't. You just forgot about me.
Me: Well, are you having fun
Max: Yeah, but you forgot about me.

I was pretty sure Max would get over me abandoning him quickly but when I talked to him that evening, he was still accusing me of forgetting him. He stayed last night at grandma's house too and I am picking him up this morning from bible school. I hope I will be forgiven soon for my poor parenting. Bye the way, Micah has loved being an only child for the last day and a half. I think it has something to do with not having to look over his shoulder every 2 seconds for Max's surprise attacks.

No comments: