Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Washington D.C.

While we were in Baltimore we decided to take a day and go to Washington D.C.

None of us had been there before and it was only a 40 minute train ride. It was my first time on a train if you don't count the train at the Saginaw Children's Zoo lol.Our first stop once we were in Washington was the Lincoln Memorial. I was taken back by how big it was. I have seen it a million times on t.v. but didn't realize how big it actually was.



This picture doesn't really even put it into perspective.













I really like this memorial. It really gave you an idea of what it
must have been like.

































After the Korean War memorial, we went
to the World War II memorial. It was also impressive.



















































The holocaust museum was very sobering but we were really glad we went.









Next stop was the Smithsonian Air and Space museum. I liked it but
I think the guys liked it more.














I have to admit, there was some pretty cool stuff there.

















Some of the cherry blossoms were out while we were there. Jason went back to D.C. three weeks later and they were in full bloom. I would have loved to see that.






This is a street light. Isn't it beautiful. Washington was just full of gorgous architechture and amazing craftsmanship of all kinds. Its so sad to me that things just are produced like that any more.






The capital building was really impressive.




























back side of the capital building.







































We saw so many beautiful things but the Library of Congress was my favorite. We were getting there pretty close to closing time so we didn't get to spend as much time as I wanted to but I was glad I got to see it. It was magnificant.



This is part of the ceiling in one are of the Library of Congress.





















In all honesty, the White House was the only thing I was not impressed with. It was smaller than I thought and honestly looked a little run down.














we got our picture taken in front of it anyways lol.


I am so glad we had the opportunity to go to D.C. It was a great time. I can't wait to take the boys there when they get a little bit older.















































No comments: