Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Autumn in Northern Michigan


Sunday Jason had a two day conference at the Shanty Creek Resort in Bellaire so I decided to go along and relax while he was in classes. We left after church and got up there around 1:30. I wandered around the resort a bit and took in the beautiful scenery.











On Monday I decided to drive to Traverse City, which was about an hour trip, but well worth it. The drive was full of winding roads with glimpses of torch lake and colorful trees lining the way.




I stopped at a little look out point on the way home. This picture and the tree picture after this was from this point.






































It must have been my lucky day, I found a quarter.










I have a thing for old barns and had to stop and take a picture of this one.



We got back to Jason's mom's on Monday in time to eat dinner and then catch the beautiful sunset. We quickly found out the boys didn't miss us at all.























1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Michigan in the fall is the best!