Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Irish Fest 2010







This past Saturday was the Clare Irish Festival. It was cold and rainy so Jason and boys stayed home but I went. I ran a 5K that morning. I was surprised to see that over 500 people were in the roadrace. This was good because it meant there was a better chance I would not come in last. I was quite proud of myself finishing my 5K in 29 min and 37 seconds. Not too bad for a short stocky girl.
After my run I changed and got the mighty Trailblazer in line for the parade. We wanted to do something for MOPS so we decorated my car and then a couple of us walked behind and handed out candy and flyers. We handed out over 300 flyers to moms and passed out over 12 pounds of candy. It wasn't enough, because we ran out about three quarters of the way through the parade. Next year we will go a little bigger. I really hope this helps us grow our MOPS group.
By the time the parade was over, I was cold, wet and tired. I went home and took a hot shower, put my pj's on and hung out with my guys. It was good day.

1 comment:

KrazyMom said...

Wow! Good for you! I would have been laying in the street begging for my inhaler! LOL!

That should be great for spreading the word for your MOPS group! I certainly loved ours. Too bad I wasn't closer to your town, looks like I will be a Mother of Preschooler soon again too!