Saturday, December 5, 2009

My Grand Canyon Tour

I really wanted to go see the Grand Canyon while I was in Vegas. I decided to take tour that flew me over Hoover Dam and Lake Mead and then landed and let me explore the West Canyon. I am so glad I took the trip. I was absolutely beautiful. I was quite peaceful too. I was the only one there by myself and the only American. The 10 other people on my tour barely spoke English so I didn't really have to talk to anyone. Kind of nice for a change.






Lake Mead. Its the biggest man made lake in the world.

Hoover Dam.


This part of the Canyon is called Eagle's Point because of this part of the rock that looks like an eagle with its wings spread.















They do Native american music and dancing here. It kind of reminded me of home.










I could have stayed at the Canyon all day. There was beauty to be found everywhere.









I think these rocks looks like Egyptian statues.














I was glad my group could speak enough English to understand, " Can you take a picture for me"?





There was a little trail that wound its way up the Canyon. It was actually a little scary at times. One little slip and could fall to your death. It really made me watch where I was stepping. This was one of the widest parts of the trail.









There was an old building here for minors that were mining guano for a couple of years. Did you know they used to put that in our makeup? Yup, bat poop in makeup. Nice.





No comments: