Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Help

We are losing our daycare. We have been blessed with a wonderful daycare for the past 3 years. My boys love going there and they are lovingly cared for. I have no worries about dropping them off. I alway tell eveyone how lucky we are to have such an awesome daycare. I don't know what I am going to do. I am physicaly ill when I think about someone else watching my kids. It will be like dropping them off at daycare for the first time all over again. I can't even take Micah to the nursery at church. I drop him off every Sunday and every Sunday I have to go get him because he won't stop crying. Jamie's house is the only place he will go and not cry. I just don't know what to do.

Someone turned in our daycare for being unlisenced. There were no complaints about childcare just that it was unlisenced. So Jamie has decided to close her doors. She doesn't want to stop watching my kids and I don't want her too but she doesn't have a choice. If she gets licensed, she can only watch 3 kids without hiring someone. She has 3 girls of her own and hiring someone to help doesn't make sense financially. I am furious that the government can tell me who can watch my kids. How dare they. I understand that some regulation is needed but the republican in me is screaming mad that government is interfering with my life and my kid's lives. I know it won't help but I will be writing letters. I don't know what else to do.

I just feel so lost. I don't know where to go. I don't even know how to start looking for a stranger to care for my children. I just don't think any place will be good enough. If you know of any place will you let me know?

2 comments:

Susu said...

I am so sorry-that is terrible. I felt the same way when the school I worked at closed because I am scared to death to let someone watch Charlie.(That is why I haven't looked for another job unless the school has childcare for toddlers so I am very limited) Cheryl may have some ideas for you, you should definately contact her! I would watch them if I could!

The Jaymac Clan said...

Thanks Suria. I actually thought of you when we found out. I knew you went through something like this when your school closed.