Tuesday, November 3, 2009

H1N1

Yesterday I got vaccinated at work and Jason got vaccinated last week so it was the boys' turn today. Our pediatrician had the nasal spray vacs in but no shots. So Max got his this nasal spray this morning. I think its almost worse than the shot for him. I had to hold him down so they could squirt it up his nose. He wasn't very happy about that! He felt fine and played all day but it knocked him out because he went to bed at 7:30. That's unheard of for him.

At 11:30 I dropped Max off at daycare and Micah and I headed to the H1N1 clinic they were holding today. We got there an hour early and that was a smooth move on my part. We got a pretty good spot in line. Micah slept for 45 minutes and then the clinic started shortly after that. Once the clinic actually started, we only waited 15 min. to get Micah's shot. I was impressed how organized and efficient they were. We had to wait an additional 15 min. to be sure he didn't have a reaction but it was no big deal. I expected to there a lot longer than an hour and a half. The boys will be need a second shot in 4 weeks and I really hope our pediatrician has more of the vaccines by then. I am willing to pay so I don't have to stand in line with 2 kids.

No comments: