Saturday, May 15, 2010

This wasn't how the day was suppose to go.

So the boys and I had plans to go to Alma this morning to watch my nephew run in a big track meet down there. We were to be there by 10:30 to see his first race. Sounds easy enough right? Things quickly started to go a rye. first I accidentally cut of some guy on the expressway that was hiding nicely in my blind spot. I tried to say I was sorry as he sped by me flipping me off but I don't think he was interested in my apology. When we were almost to the track at Alma College, I got a text message from my nephew saying that his race started at 10 and he was already done running. So I thought no biggie, we'll just go hang out until his next race. I was happy just to get to the college. Then the road to the track was closed so I drove around for no less than 15 minutes trying to figure out how to get there. Me and 3 other cars just parked far away and walked to the track because we couldn't find our way there. I was glad it wasn't just me. We finally made it to the track meet. We quickly found my nephew and I thought we would be fine. Well, I didn't come prepared because we were just suppose to stay for his first race. Therefore, I didn't have snacks or drinks. We ran to the concession stand and got fruit snacks and Gatorade but come noon that wasn't cutting it. Both of the boys started having a melt down at the same time. Micah threw himself on the ground so I grabbed his arm and helped him back to his feet and picked him up. Some guy then came up to me and told me he broke his daughter's arm doing that before and I should not grab my child by the arm because its very dangerous. He was a very nice older man and he was trying to help but I was not abusing my child and I felt like he was accusing me of that. I was super embarrassed and had had enough so I grabbed the kids and left thinking that my nephew wouldn't run for at least another hour and I didn't have another hour in me. On the way home he called me and told me he just ran his second race. So I missed that one to by about 15 minutes. I felt so bad. I missed both of his races and came very close to tears. I hope the rest of day goes a little better.

3 comments:

Susu said...

I hope the rest of your day goes better! You are a great mom!

kdavid said...

You know I KNOW you are a great Mom...and I also know what Micah is like when he has a meltdown like that. If grandma had been there that guy would have been saying those things to me because I would probably have done the same thing.

The Jaymac Clan said...

thanks ladies. It was just one of those days. I went to the store later and forgot my wallet at home. I couldn't win. at this point I'm just laughing about it because what else can I do?