Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Finally

It has been about 3 years now that Jason and I have been wishing we had a babysitter that was close to us. My mom lives 40 minutes away and Jason's parents live about 25 minutes away. That's not terrible but they are both busy and when they watch the boys for us we don't feel like we should be out late because we don't want to keep them up. We know most of our neighbors pretty well and some we just chat with once in awhile. Well tonight we visited with some neighbors a couple doors down that have an 18 year old daughter who is a senior. She came out to visit and I asked her if she babysat. She was so excited. She told me she has been looking for jobs and hasn't found any and would love to babysit for us anytime. Yes! I am so excited. She is going to come over and hang out a little bit so the boys can get used to her and she can get used to them and then we have ourselves a babysitter for the weekends. Now we can go see a movie or go out to dinner. Its so great. It probably won't last long since she is a senior and is planning to join the national guard but I'll take what I can get.

1 comment:

Susu said...

That is great. We have a 16year old down the street that occasionally watches the kids when we are in a bind and it is good to know she is a few houses away. (Charlie gives her heck when she babysits though) She is doggie sitting Burt and Chris's dogs for the wedding weekend next week too. I hope you get some date nights!