Friday, September 11, 2009

Painting


The old living room color


The new living room color





I decided to paint our living room, hallway and the ceilings of both. I have been wanting to do this forever but just haven't gotten it done. So when I was buying paint for our new door the other day I just picked up paint for the living room and hallway too. I took the boys to daycare yesterday and got started. 9 hours later I finished. The next time I decide to paint half of my house I hope someone reminds me of how much work it is. I do love the feeling of accomplishment after a project like this though. I am really happy with the results. The light color just opens everything up and makes it so much brighter. Its amazing how a little paint can make you fall in love with your house again. Now if I can just get Jason to finish our bathroom I'll be all set.

4 comments:

KrazyMom said...

That looks great! Love how the color brightens up the roon!

Wanna come help me paint our nursery now? I hate painting!

Chris Ann said...

Looks wonderful...Now I know that you really could come to Macjinac for a "work" vacation on the beach I'll let you know the date so you can plan time off work LOL...:)

Carol and Dan said...

It looks great! I just painted half of my bathroom about the same color, to open it up. It worked! I like it so much better. Isn't it amazing what a little color change can do?.......c.

TAITx3 said...

Looks wonderful. It is amazing what a little paint can do for a room. I hate my living room right now, I need to do something, I don 't want to paint it again, maybe change out the curtains, pillows, maybe something great on the walls..... You inspire me though.....