Sunday, September 27, 2009

Nashville

Nashville was a ton of fun. It was a little bitter sweet though. I had a riot but missed the boys and Jason so much. The MOPS conference was held at the Opryland Hotel. The hotel is amazing. It is basically a giant atrium with a river running through it. There is a waterfall and gardens through the entire hotel. They even do boat tours. The conference itself was great. There were over 4000 women who attended, speakers, singers, writers and even comedians. It was quite awesome to see that many women together in place and know that you were all there for a common purpose. Saturday night we got to venture into Nashville. It was a beautiful night to walk around and check out some sights. It was good for me to get away and I really got a lot from the conference. I hope I am fortunate enough to attend again next year.


I of course had to bring the boys home some cowboy hats and a guitar. I soon realized I was foolish for not buying two guitars.




It didn't take long to completely fill this room.


Jenny, Mary, Julie and Julie waiting for the fun to start.




Alisa and me.




They had some great Christian musicians play for us this weekend. Matt Redman, plum and Mathew West just to name a few.












This is just a small area of the hotel. I didn't even get to check all of it out.







the brick building area in the center is an island in the middle of the river in the middle of the hotel. it has shops and restaurants and is set up to look like a French village.



just a glimpse of some of the beautiful flowers in the hotel gardens.




another area of the enormous hotel.



all of us and a couple of horses.





Downtown Nashville


we enjoyed a meal at the wild horse saloon. It was a really fun place.

I just really liked this door. The stairs below it take you to the Coyote Ugly bar.


a moment with Elvis.



this sign cracked me up.


This was a sign on the side of a building. My camera lens didn't open all the way and it made for a pretty cool picture I think.

One more pic before heading back to the hotel.



































5 comments:

Danielle Nelson said...

You're making me want to go to Nashville!!

Susu said...

Looks like you had alot of fun! Your little cowboys look adorable in their hats!

Carol and Dan said...

That hotel looks amazin'!! Cool stuff. I wonder if we have MOPS here? ..........c.

The Jaymac Clan said...

I am sure there is a mops group by you Carol. check out www.mops.com and find out. Its really fun.

KrazyMom said...

Oh my, that looks like it was so much fun! I miss my old MOPS group. :(

Tim goes to Nashville a couple times (at least) a year for work meetings. Maybe next time I should tag along. Teehee!