Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Sick

So I don't know if its really proper to talk about this on a blog but I have never really cared about that sort of thing so I am going to talk about it. Yesterday morning I woke up with mastitis. I had it with Max too. Its an infection in your breast. Its quite common in women who are breast feeding and its not fun. It feels like you have the flu. You get a high fever, chills and terrible body aches not to mention a lot of pain in the affected breast. Another side affect, for me anyway, is that I cry for no reason. I ended up taking Max to daycare yesterday, which I felt really guilty about, because I just didn't think I could handle everything. Micah and I slept a big chunk of the day away. I was sleeping so hard that Jason stopped by the house to see how I was doing and I didn't even hear him come into the house and then into our bedroom. Good thing he wasn't a serial killer. Kind of scary that I didn't wake up. we even have this bell hanging on our front door that is really noisy and irritating. Anyway, I am feeling much better today and hope I don't have to go through this again.

5 comments:

TAITx3 said...

Oh Stephanie.... i am so sad that you had to go through that uncomfortable pain and sickness. Don't feel guilty about sending Max to daycare. It was probably good for him and I bet he had lots of fun playing with the other kids. I think you made the right decision.
I hear ya about the crying..... I am a faucet that goes off and on a lot! It's good to cry. Let it out sister!!!!! Hope today is better for you. Can't wait to see more pics of the boys! ~Kara

Carol and Dan said...

I'm so sorry! HOpe today is a better day for you.......c.

KrazyMom said...

Hope you are feeling better today! Do NOT feel guilty for taking Max to daycare! Children need a break away sometimes too and I am sure he sees it as a play date with friends!

Anonymous said...

Hope you are feeling better Steph :)

The Jaymac Clan said...

thanks everyone! I feel much better today. I know Max had a lot more fun daycare than he would of had with me that day. thanks for making me feel better.