Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Fun Projects

Today is a rainy, snowy, yucky day so I thought it would be a good day to do some fun projects with the boys. Also, I needed to distract Max from the Wii. Man that kid loves video games.

Max got a book full of fun projects to do for Christmas so we tried this super flier out first. I was super sceptical that this was not going to fly. To my surprise, construction, tape and straws fly very well.

Next we just added some food coloring to milk and the boys made erupting volcanoes.
Micah loves bubbles and they both love making messes so this was a hit.





Truth is, I kinda wanted to join in.







Next we made some calming jars that I saw on pinterest. They are just
water, food coloring and glitter. The idea is when the boys get mad they can shake the jars and then have to sit and watch until all the glitter settles. I don't really see this working but it was fun to make anyways.



Last, we tried these vinegar, dish soap and baking soda volcanoes. They were fun but we ran out of baking soda so we didn't get as much activity out of them as we wanted but still a hit.

It was all fun and the boys didn't fight once. I need to start doing more projects with them!











No comments: