Thursday, October 13, 2011

Halloween Camping in Higgins Lake

What an interesting trip we had. We left on a thursday evening. The last Thursday in September to be exact. It was pouring down rain and dark already. So I am not ashamed to say we stopped in Houghton Lake and stayed at a hotel. I thought pizza and a hot tub sounded better than setting up a pop up in the freezing cold rain with 2 kids. So Friday morning we left and got to our camp site. It was sprinkling on and off but much better than the night before. There were 40 mph wind gusts and we got a whopping high of 37 degrees that day. We were willing to tough it out until a tree fell on a transformer and all of Higgins Lake lost power. Lucky for us we were camping with friends that live 5 miles away. We stayed at there house that night and stayed very warm. Saturday was the trick or treating day. The boys made some Halloween crafts and had fun playing with friends. Our friend Steve puts on a huge display and decorates his entire site. I am sorry I didn't get pictures of it but I didn't bring my camera trick or treating.
Jason got right into the Halloween spirit or spirits I should say.



These are Steve's two sons and their awesome costumes.






No comments: