Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Ice Lays

Since I have met Jason I have been hearing stories of infamous ice lays. Jason and his friends would be playing cards and want to make the betting interesting so they would bet things like laying out in the snow for 30 seconds without your shirt if you lost. I even heard about them chopping holes in the Nelson's pool and the loser would have to jump in. These things seems a little childish but when you're playing cards until 2 a.m. and there are 4 empty bottles of wine sitting in front you, it apparently is still a good idea. I would have nothing to do with this so Jason said he would do my time. Boys. Anyway, Jason bet Sharpie and Mitch that the loser of euchre would have to lay in the snow for 30 seconds without their shirt on. Well, I'm not bragging about my euchre skills but we won. So with a lot of crying and pouting, Sharpie and Mitch headed out in the 5 degree weather with their shirts off. They laid in the snow for 30 seconds, while Jay kicked snow of them and I laughed my butt off, and then they had enough and ran inside like girls. What I thought was a childish bet turned out to be the most amusing thing I've seen in quite some time. Thanks for losing guys!









3 comments:

Carol and Dan said...

Oh that brings back memories!!.........c.

Susu said...

The next time Sharpie is laying in the snow screaming you need to get video!

Wild Woman said...

I love how Sharpie reaction but isn't it ironic that he is wearing sandles with socks?