Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Beans Beans the abundant fruit

I love beans but I really don't care to see another bean for awhile
I think I have done a total of 34 jars of dilly beans and I'm sure they will all be gone by next canning season.



This bin was heaping full and this is what was left that I gladly gave to the neighbors.





Micah was my little helper in picking.







Now if I could just get the boys to help me weed, I'd be all set!









The beans in our garden this year were so abundant I picked and I picked and I picked and ended up with a hug plastic storage bin of beans and had only made it through about 3/4 of the garden. I managed to get all of those beans canned and frozen and given away. When I was in the garden on Sunday, I thought I should probably check the beans again and was surprised to see that there were just as many if not more beans than my first picking. I don't even think I picked half of them and had enough to do more dilly beans and freeze 6 more bags. Plus, there are many more flowers on the plants that are likely to produce more beans if the weather stays warm enough. If you want beans, head to our garden and help yourself!

1 comment:

Susu said...

I can't imagine having produced an abundance of any vegetable! I am jealous! When I am a sahm I am going to pathetically try my hand at gardening again since my garden looks like a jungle right now!